67,000 Individuals provided with assistance in July
- 53,150 individuals were provided with drinking water through trucked water delivery, borehole rehabilitation and water kiosks(25,950 in Lower Juba, 23,910 in Togdheer, 2,400 in Sanaag and 890 in Sool regions).
- 6,600 individuals benefited from core relief items (CRI)**.600 emergency shelter kits were distributed to 600 households(3,600 individuals) in Nugaal region and 500 emergency shelter kits were distributed to 500 households(3,000 individuals)in Bari region.
- 1,645 individuals were reached with Gender Based Violence (GBV )response in Bay and Banadir regions.
- 5,700 individuals benefited from mosquito nets as part of the health response in Bay region
- From 1 to 31 July,the UNHCR -led Protection & Returns Monitoring Network (PR MN),recorded 65,000 individuals nationwide displaced by the drought, bringing the total of drought driven displaced since November 2016 to 860,000.
- The number of newly displaced by the drought has increased by 25% compared with June (52,000).
- Baidoa continues to be the most affected area with 25,000 new arrivals in July.
- There was a decrease recorded in IDP returns with 3,000 returns primarily from IDP sites in Baidoa town to home locations within Baidoa district and elsewhere in Bay region,compared to 14,000 in June.